RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:

Italian Crock Pot Chicken and Rice



From Fairview Ward Cookbook
Angela Moyer

2 chicken breasts
1/8 cup butter
1/4 cup water
1/2 packet good seasons italian dressing mix
1/2 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 package cream cheese

add chicken, butter, and water in crock pot. sprinkle seasoning on top. cook on high for 3 hours.
remove chicken and shred.
strain liquid into a bowl and mix with soup and cream cheese and whisk until creamy.
add chicken and creamy mixture back into crock pot and cook just until warmed up. less than 1/2 hour.
serve over rice.

**very rich, but good!

8 comments:

Donna said...

Have any of you tried this recipe yet? It sounds really good but I want to know if you liked it.

Carrie said...

i'm assuming the "very rich, but good" comment was from becca meaning she tried it? but i'm totally going to make this! i've been wanting more crockpot recipes! and i love that the last step would give you just enough time to make the rice. awesome.
(also, why are all crockpot recipes chicken? because that's what fits in crockpots?)

Donna said...

Seriously! I think they ARE all chicken! I want a good one using a roast... but I guess the fact is you can change chicken to just about anything and roast is just YUMMY as roast... right? Food for thought, indeed.

Rebecca Brady said...

yes, it is VERY rich. like if i ever do it again, i may cut down on the cream cheese or something?

and i'm thinking if dad doesn't like rich creamy stuff anymore - he may not like this, mom? BUT you guys should try it and let me know! it was so easy. and so i probably should be motivated and try it again...

Carrie said...

Are you sure it's not the italian seasoning mix? I have a recipe that calls for that and I put half of what it calls for in...

Kristi said...

I make this all the time, except it's a little different. I have been making this for several years. My family all likes it. I also use the Good Season's Italian Dressing, and not italian seasoning. I will email Becca my version of it.

Carrie said...

how many servings does this make?

Rebecca Brady said...

I don't know. I made it like 5 years ago. I would say its smallish because only 2 breasts? Maybe compare it with other chicken crock pot recipes you make...