RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:

Mau Mau's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookies

From Mau Mau

375 degrees
10 minutes

1/2 c margarine
1/2 c crisco
1 1/2 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1 t vanilla
3 eggs

3 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 t soda
1 t salt

12 oz bag chocolate chips




Becca's notes:  Medium scoop makes 33 cookies at 8.5 minutes in oven...

3 comments:

Ginger Bell said...

So I have tried to make these cookies, this exact recipe, at least 15 times and they have NEVER tasted or looked anything like mama's. Have you had any luck? Cookies are my nemisis (sp?) I have to give myself a pep talk before I even attempt, its hard facing an iminent (again sp?) failure!

Donna said...

What happened to yours... were they too flat? too cakey? The margarine can make a difference... they keep adding more and more water to margarine these days... sometimes I use real butter and have better luck.

Rebecca Brady said...

honestly i've never had mau mau's cookies fresh. they're always her freezer ones... so i've never been impressed :/ but mine have mostly turned out great. they're my favorite ones to make. but i take them out of the oven when they still look doughy... and they are amazing! if i wait a minute too long, they are cakey and nasty.