RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:

Olive Garden Breadsticks













(not my picture)

Got online

Mix:
4 cups flour
2 Tbs sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp yeast

Add:
1 1/3 cups warm water
4 tsp soft butter
(I used the dough hook and then just let the dough knead in there for awhile)

I decided the easiest (and yummier) way to do this was to roll out a big square and then place the whole thing on a cookie sheet. Then I used a pizza cutter and cut long ways to make the breadsticks and then again through the middle, so they're not SO long. (Like pizza hut breadsticks, rather than olive garden)

I let them rise for a while, probably until they're double? About half an hour maybe.

brush w/ butter and sprinkle w/ salt

bake 400 degrees for 15 minutes

brush 2 more times with butter and sprinkle salt and garlic powder on top (easy on the garlic powder. it didn't take much and they were SO yummy)

original recipe:

4 comments:

Donna said...

Did you try this one yet? Looks yummy!

Rebecca Brady said...

no! i was going to TOday, but i didn't have enough flour. i've been trying to wait until i go to costco or sams before i buy more flour. anyway, i HOPE they're good. i'll let you know.

Carrie said...

I love how you put the recent comments on the sidebar! i could just click on them and see what recipe guys were talking about and read the comments. way fun!

i want to try these too! they look pretty easy.

Rebecca Brady said...

i know! i don't get the emails for the comments, so i just get on here and see whats new :)

yeah, they do look easy, which makes me wonder how much they really are like olive garden's. but we'll see!