From Better Homes and Garden
3 1/2 Cups Flour
2 Tbs Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
2 1/2 Cups Milk (or use 1/2 cup powdered milk and add to dry ingredients)
4 Egg Yolks
1 Cup Oil (as opposed to the 1/2 cup mom used to reduce calories)
Beat 4 Egg Whites and fold in
4 comments:
For Belgian waffles, the classic family recipe was too heavy, or dense for me. I researched a few other recipes that used similar ingredients, and found the only significant difference was amount of liquids. I made the following adjustments:
(3 1/2) cups milk
(1) cup oil, or (.5) cup oil, (.5) cup melted butter.
This made them lighter and fluffier... but you can do whatever you want!
Jesse... why does it say, "unknown"?
oops! The original recipe for my waffles uses 1 cup of oil... I cut it in half to reduce calories once and probably didn't tell anyone. I actually made them last night with a whole cup of the oil and they were really light and fluffy.... so there, unknown! Is that Jesse? I figured it was STefan since he is the waffle man.
oh THANKs, mom! they have been pretty heavy for me too. but i always thought california must have something to do with it...
and yes, that's jesse. he thinks he's all cool, throwing comments around the recipe blog...
I'm in shock!! So I made waffles just to test the theory. I didn't increase the milk, but doubled the oil back to where it belongs and what do you know, moist waffles!! I was wondering why they've been so dry all these years and figured it was because of the Belgian waffle maker... Hmph. I guess maybe I'd be fatter if it weren't for you tricking us, but still!
Post a Comment