Got from "Good Eats" for Food Network
Sift:
Sift:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbs baking powder
½ tsp salt
Add:
1 cup milk
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup melted butter
1 Tbs grated orange zest
1 ½ cups steamed and mashed sweet potatoes (I just microwaved about 2 medium sized sweet potatoes. I pushed the "potato" button on my microwave - about 5 minutes? I microwaved them whole and then scooped out the inside and mashed.)
Fold in:
6 egg whites
This batter is SO thick and so the 6 egg whites are a must! Mom told me to freeze the egg yolks and use them later to throw into scrambled eggs or French toast.
This batter is SO thick and so the 6 egg whites are a must! Mom told me to freeze the egg yolks and use them later to throw into scrambled eggs or French toast.
My reaction: They didn't taste THAT different from our regular recipe. They were pretty heavy too... BUT they were good. And I felt healthier eating them because of the sweet potatoes :) I could definitely taste the orange zest, which was yummy.
No comments:
Post a Comment