28 oz can tomatoes (blend up)
16 oz can crushed tomatoes (or larger 28 oz can if you want more volume)
(2) 4 oz cans green chilies
1 bunch green onions (finely chopped) (may substitute a regular brown onion)
3 cloves of garlic (very finely chopped)
salt to taste (I add 1/2 tsp at a time and taste)
1/4 cup crushed red peppers (more if you want it hotter)
I blend up the salsa after I put it all together... a little at a time into the blender. Don't blend it a long time or it will get full of air and look funny. I pulsed mine several times but didn't puree it.
RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:
Homemade Salsa
Labels:
BROWN ONION,
GARLIC,
GREEN CHILIS,
GREEN ONION,
MEXICAN,
MOM,
RED PEPPER,
TOMATO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
A similar recipe that I like (from Megan Woodruff):
1 can (28 oz) whole tomatoes (I used crushed)
2 cans (10 oz) Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped onion (I used green onion from my garden)
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 whole lime juice
1 whole jalepeno (cut in half, roast in oven on broil for 10 - 15 minutes. put in ziploc bag for 5 minutes and then the skin with come right off. keep seeds in for extra spicy)
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cumin
Pulse all together in food processor (until desired chunkiness) and chill.
Post a Comment