So this is still somewhat of an experiment. I fell in love with Barilla's Spicy Marinara sauce and don't want to keep paying $3 for a jar of it, so I'm trying to duplicate it. Other things to note, I don't like chunks (but wanted my sauce to be thicker than mom's), and I like it really spicy. So this recipe is still a little tomatoey for me, but I think it's still pretty good. So I've been making it instead of buying the expensive stuff :)
1 can tomato paste (12 oz)
2 cans tomato sauce (8 oz)
1 can water (8 oz)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tsp basil
1 1/2 tsp parsley
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Mix everything together and let simmer on low heat for at least an hour.
Here's a mix for the spices. Use 3Tbs plus some with the tomato sauce mixture.
I need to figure out how many cups this makes...
RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment