I found this hand written recipe in my recipe box and have NO idea where it came from. They are very gooey and dark chocolate flavor just like the store-bought mixes. It was a little bitter the first time and I believe the Hershey's European Cocoa I use is just a little more powerful, so I reduced the cocoa just a bit and it was perfect! -Carrie
makes 12 brownies (8x8 pan)
*double recipe to make a 9x13
*triple recipe to make a big pan
1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
(cream together)
2 eggs
6 T. (aka 3/8 c.) cocoa (if using european, reduce this)
2 T. oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)
(stir flour in JUST until moist)
Bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean. Do not over bake.
RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So, we made this recipe as is quite a few times and decided that it was too greasy... it seemed saturated in oil, so over the past 6 months or so we have been tweaking it. This is our recipe if anyone is interested. This is the doubled version for a 9x13 pan.
1/2 c. butter
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
3/4 c. cocoa
1/4 c. oil
2 t. vanilla
1 c. flour
Convection 300', 30 minutes.
-Vikki :)
Post a Comment