RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:

Baked Ziti with Sausage

16 oz ziti pasta (or any preferred pasta)
1 lb mild Italian sausage
15 oz ricotta cheese
1 1/2 jars of spaghetti sauce (I use Barilla Spicy Marinara)
1 egg
2 cups mozzarella
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
(I also add in 2 Tbs of my homemade spice mix, but I haven't decided if it's necessary)

Cook pasta, slice and cook sausage on skillet
Mix all ingredients (only half of cheese) and put in a 9x13 dish (the original recipe has you layer it, but ain't no one has time for that).  Cover with rest of cheese.

Bake 350 for 20 minutes covered, 10 minutes uncovered
**I make mine in the morning and chill, so cook time is more like 40 minutes



Here is where I got the idea, but I made a lot of changes

No comments: