RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:

Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

Recipe from Kristi

1/2 c. onion (I wasn't in the mood for cutting up an onion so I didn't add this)  Lol!  :)
1/2 c. celery
1/2 c. carrots
2 cloves of minced garlic (I added 1/2 tsp. garlic powder)
4 c. chicken broth
2 c. water
2 cooked boneless chicken breasts, shredded (I used one jar of canned chicken)
1 (4.5 ounce) package quick cooking long grain and wild rice with seasoning packet  - (I used the Rice a Roni Wild Rice)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 c. flour
1/2 cup butter
2 cups heavy cream (I used 1/2 c. of heavy cream and 1 1/2 cups milk)

Saute the onions, garlic, celery, and carrots in about 2 T. of butter (not part of the 1/2 c. of butter) or oil in a large pot.  Then add the chicken broth and water.  Bring to a boil and add the rice (Do not add the seasoning packet, only the rice).  Cover and remove from heat.

In a medium pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the seasoning packet until mixture is bubbly.  Reduce heat to low and stir in the flour, salt, and pepper. Whisk in cream, or milk a little at a time.  Stir until smooth.  Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.

Stir the cream mixture into the rice and broth mixture.  Cook over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes.

No comments: