RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:

Nola Pockets

 


Kind of like tin foil dinners, New Orleans style.  

Ingredients:
Corn on the cob (one ear for each individual packet)
Diced red potatoes (1 medium size for each individual packet)
Shrimp (raw, frozen raw, or frozen cooked) (we did 5 extra large in each packet or more if smaller)
Sliced Sausage (I usually use Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage, but I've done Bar M Louisiana Hot sausage for a kick.  I did 2 to 3 oz of sausage in each packet or about 10 slices of sausage.)

Butter chunks (we used 2 slices per packet)
Salt, pepper, garlic
Old Bay Seasoning (or anything like this - creole, cajun, crab boil ect)

Optional - Fresh parsley for garnish

Instructions:
Portion ingredients onto individual aluminum foil sheets (or group some together if desired)
Top ingredients with butter and seasonings
Wrap each individual packet, make sure there's no openings
Lay on sheet pan

Bake 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes (could also try on grill or in fire pit?)


Original Recipe found in this video.

No comments: