
[not my picture]
A recipe from Dad's mission
Fry up bacon (about 2-3 slices per person) till crispy, then crumble
Boil spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Use ¾'' circle for each serving needed
While spaghetti is boiling prepare the eggs. Beat up 1 egg per person. Be sure eggs are at room temperature (if cold then after beaten, microwave for 30 sec at a time then stir and repeat until they are no longer cold)
When spaghetti is “al dente” drain off hot water, return spaghetti to microwave safe bowl. Immediately pour eggs on top and toss to coat the spaghetti and cook the egg. Throw in the crumbled bacon, top with Parmesan cheese if desired and serve. Pepper to liking.
(Before adding bacon… IF the eggs are not quite done, then microwave on high for 30 sec intervals, stirring in between, until done)
6 comments:
for me and mike and some leftovers, i did 1/2 lb pasta, 5 eggs, and 1/2 lb of bacon...
I bake bacon in oven (aluminium on a pan) for 30 min at 350 degrees.
For my family, today I tried what you did Becca. For the pasta I measured 3 circles about a quarter sized - I think that's about 1/2 lb, or maybe a little more.
It was the perfect amount, with 2 servings of leftovers - which may or may not get eaten. It could have used more bacon.
Current notes: 12oz thick bacon 400 degrees 20 min, 7 eggs, 1/2 lb of macaroni noodles. Parmesan, pepper, salt. I did microwave some after.
Current notes: almost a lb of spaghetti - not enough. Next time try: 1+ lb spaghetti, 6-7 eggs, 3/4 lb bacon.
Above comment is from Carrie
Becca current notes:
12oz thick bacon 400 degrees 20 min
9 eggs
3/4 lb of pasta
Parmesan, pepper, salt
Post a Comment