RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:

No Bake Cookies
















Recipe from the Ricks

1/4 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp salt

stir in pot until boil
allow boil for 1 minute
remove from heat

add 1 tsp vanilla and 1 cup peanut butter and stir until smooth

stir in 3 cups oats

cool, drop, chill

7 comments:

Rebecca Brady said...

my no-bakes haven't been setting up. they're still yummy! but mushy... are they supposed to be mushy and i'm just going crazy? or am i doing something wrong?

Carrie said...

i don't know. are you putting them in the fridge? dave likes them in the fridge. if you want we can compare your recipe to mine and we can see if you're missing something?

Donna said...

Nice picture! They make me hungry for chocolate......

Carrie said...

In reference to your comment from a year ago... This is my recipe from Dave's family and mine set up fine. I'm thinking it was either your humidity, altitude, or you weren't boiling for a whole minute. Have you made them since you moved back?

Rebecca Brady said...

yes, i've made them since being back in AZ and they were still mushy! i just made them yesterday again. and they seemed to finally do better. i boiled them 30 seconds longer.. so i'm wondering if it wasn't quite getting to the temperature it needs in order to set up.

Rebecca Brady said...

I keep forgetting to post on here. The problem with my no-bakes not setting up is, I decided, that I can't use my non-stick sauce pan. For some reason it doesn't get it to the right temperature or something. I figured it out when I was trying to make caramels once. My glass sauce pan worked great, as I assume others do. Just not nonstick. Weird...

Donna said...

That really IS weird but good for everyone to know... did you google it and see if anyone else has had the problem in general? Very strange!