From Grandma Bradshaw
(more of a breakfast cobbler, rather than a dessert cobbler)
(more of a breakfast cobbler, rather than a dessert cobbler)
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
4 tsp. Baking powder
½ tsp. Salt
1 cup milk (or 1 cup water and 3 Tbs powdered milk to dry ingredients)
1 egg
½ cup melted margarine
1 med or large can sliced peaches (size doesn’t matter)
Mix dry ingredients.
Mix wet ingredient together and add all at once to dry ingredients. Stir to blend.
Pour into ungreased 9 x 13 cake pan. Top with sliced peaches AND syrup.
You can do fresh peaches, but the recipe takes into account the syrup that is in the can ... so you can cut up fresh ones and then make a little bit of syrup in the microwave... 1/2 cup water with 1/4 cup sugar... just use a large enough meauring cup so it doesn't boil over and make a mess... but that is all that is in the syrup.
375° for 35 min
4 comments:
It only took 25 minutes for mine. Also, I chopped the peaches into a peach mush and put that on top. I liked that a whole lot better than getting a mouthful of all peach! But I'm probably the only one :P
I looked this up specifically to know what size can to use..."size doesn't matter?!?!?!!?" What the heck?!?!?!?!
Also, I think crushing up the peaches sounds like a fine idea Rebecca, I might try that...IF ONLY I KNEW HOW MANY PEACHES TO USE!!!!!!
That's such a mom thing to say for a recipe. I'm sure it's just the normal can of peaches size. Like 15 oz or something.
It doesn't matter... I have used both and it always still works out. That is why I didn't specify.... but true, I have done that before and learned it from the best. he he he
Post a Comment