RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:

French Toast from Carrie

French Toast (from Betty Crocker's Cookbook - Bridal Edition)

3 eggs
3/4 c. milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
butter
8 slices of sandwich bread or 1-inch-thick slices French bread

1. Beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and salt with wire whisk or hand beater until smooth.
2. Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat or to 375* (I think I do mine at 325* because I like mine light.)
3. Dip bread into egg mixture. Place on griddle. Cook about 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.

2 comments:

Donna said...

It DOES sound yummy and maybe that is why you girls never really liked french toast... I never used a RECIPE... heaven forbid!

Carrie said...

i know. i remember telling you i found a good recipe and you saying... "that's... nice..." like i was crazy. but you gotta START with a recipe until you know what you're doing sometimes.