RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:

Sugar Cookies (drop)

These are softer and less crunchy, which makes them hard to roll out and make shapes.  I did it and it worked out okay, but the cookies did fall apart some while we iced them... But they're so yummy!

Recipe from Cinda Winterton
2 cups shortening
¼ cup milk
4 eggs
3 cups sugar

Add:

5 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
4 tsp. vanilla

Chill dough (very important!)  Roll into balls and flatten with a glass dipped in sugar.  Bake on greased cookie sheet at 350° for 5 – 7 minutes.  Don’t double recipe.  Makes 4-5 dozen cookies (about 8 to a sheet)

1 comment:

becca said...

I put the cookies on the sheet and then chilled them in the freezer for 5 minutes and then put them right into the oven after. My small scoop made 70 very small cookies. I tried to do bigger the next time and made 55, which was better. The cooking time was more like 10-12 minutes.