RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:

Tin Foil Dinner

For the fire:
Lay pieces of aluminum foil down and then put on the following (sprinkling with salt and pepper as you go):
Cabbage
Ground beef patty
Onions
Carrots
Potatoes
(Dave and Mike like BBQ sauce here...)
Cabbage

For the oven:
(Becca's notes)
I did a 9x13 today, lined with foil.  Wrapped up in big foil packet.
400 degrees for 50 minutes
1 lb ground beef (separated into patties/chunks)
1 lb carrots
2 med/large potatoes
onion
I forgot the cabbage, but it's not necessary to keep from burning, it's just more if you love cabbage so I wasn't worried about it.  This amount fed my family with very minimal leftovers.  So more would be required for a bigger family.

For the stove:
In a saucepan, boil carrot sticks and potato slices until tender (with salt).
On a skillet, fry ground beef (I used a pound for about 3 servings) with onions, salt, pepper, and garlic powder (I use onion powder too... I didn't like the fresh onions.  Sorry, Carrie!).  Near the end, throw in cabbage.
At this point, I usually take out some of the beef and cabbage for me and then with the rest, I mix in BBQ sauce for Mike.  Then I just pile on the potatoes and carrots and add more salt and pepper and you're done!

No comments: