RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:

Cheesy Potato Soup

From Kristi


1 cube butter
1 1/2 c. chopped celery
1 1/2 c. chopped onion (it calls for that much, but I don't think I added that much.  I just used dried onions)
2 c. chicken broth
2 c. water
1/2 tsp. garlic
1/2 tsp. salt
8 potatoes, peeled & cubed
8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese (you can use more for a cheesier taste)
4 Tbsp. flour
2 1/3 cup milk
2 T. chopped fresh parsley - or - 2 tsp. dried parsley

Melt butter over medium heat in a large pan.  Saute the onions & celery in the butter for 5 - 10 minutes.  Add in garlic and salt too.
Stir in the chicken broth, water, and potatoes.  Bring to a boil and then simmer until potatoes are tender.  Add the cheese and stir until melted.  
In a separate bowl, combine the flour and milk and stir well.  Pour this into the soup slowly, stirring constantly until the soup has thickened, about 5 minutes.  Add in the parsley.

No comments: