RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:
Biscuits - Vikki
4 c. flour
6 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1/2 c. shortening
1 1/2 to 2 c. milk
2 eggs
Mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in shortening. Mix milk and eggs (for rolled, cut biscuits use 1 1/2 cups of milk; for drop biscuits use 2 cups of milk). Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Grease cookie sheet. Either drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet; or, roll out to 1/2 inch thick, cut with a circular cookie cutter, and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 450' for 12-15 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
These are really yummy! Not the same flavor as my recipe... these have more of the texture of a yeast roll and don't have the strong baking powder taste... the eggs make the difference. I couldn't stop eating them.
One recipe makes about 15 large biscuits - enough to feed my family with a couple biscuits leftover. If I'm looking to have enough leftover for another breakfast, I do 1 1/2 recipes.
I just tried it with all butter and no shortening (reducing the milk just a little) and they were perfect.
Post a Comment