RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:

Lobster Newburg (or Crab)

(from Betty Crocker Bridal Edition)

1/4 c. butter
3 Tb flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups milk
2 cups cut-up cooked lobster (OR crab)
2 TB apple juice
6 cups hot cooked rice

1. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt, mustard, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth & bubbly; remove from heat.

2. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stire 1 minute. Stire in lobster (or crab) and apple juice; heat through. Serve over rice.

(Can also be served over fried polenta, hot popovers, or baked pastry shells. Carrie's note: we have also had this over pasta, which is yummy too.)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

The last time we made this, I made "popovers" like it says to have with it. It was SOO good! Think: bread bowls. I don't think we'll do it any other way. I will add the recipe to popovers sometimes and link it up. It does take away the 30 minute meal thing, but I actually made the popovers earlier in the day and they re-heat really nicely.

Carrie said...

Also - we usually use imitation crab. :)