RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:

Taquitos - Giant Cream Cheese Taquitos

picture from Carrie
Cookie sheet is a good idea for doubling the recipe

Original recipe from Erica Bradshaw Robinson
"Creamy Baked Chicken Taquitos"
425 degrees

1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder (or 3 minced cloves)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
pinch cayenne
4 oz softened cream cheese
1/4 cup salsa
juice of 1/2 lime (I don't usually worry about this)
3 Tbs chopped green onion
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
(I just use 1 cup of whatever shredded cheese I have)

10-12 flour tortillas (I usually use more like 16 and squish them in there tight)

Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
Combine all the things (I use my mixer) and spread filling into tortillas and roll tightly.  Place seam side down into pan.
Lightly spray taquitos with cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees
Serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, etc.

6 comments:

becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
becca said...

Updated notes: Double recipe, I use about 30 tortillas on a big sheet pan, bake for 20 minutes (25 if it's been refrigerated) covered and 5 minutes uncovered.

becca said...

I leave out cayenne for the kids
I try to get the least chunky salsa I can so the kids don't notice it as much
I usually use 15 tortillas for 1 batch and 30 for 2 batches (I put less filling in than I would for enchiladas) and really pack them on the cookie sheet
I usually double the recipe so we have lots of letftovers
I don't always spray with oil, it doesn't make that big a difference to us

Rebecca said...

Carrie's Alternate Taquito Filling:

Mix in kitchen aid:
2-3 cups choice of meat (she did leftover pork)
1/2 can green chilies
handful colby jack cheese
handful pepperjack
2 big spoonfuls of sour cream
1/2 tsp onion pwd
1/2 tsp garlic pwd
1/2 tsp cumin pwd

Airfryer 10 minutes
(a little longer if using refrigerated meat)

Donna said...

Thank you for all your comments. I made this tonight using Carrie's filling variation and used the air fryer. I did spray with pam and they were SO good! I had leftover baked chicken from a meal someone brought us last night and it was a perfect way to use it up.

becca said...

Also, I started using my food processor to blend up the salsa and the green onions really good. This helps the kids not complain about any chunks in the filling. :) And I like it better too. :P