RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:

Pasta with Chicken & White Beans

Serves 4

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup chopped white onion
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup white beans, cooked
2 Tbsp chopped garlic
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (I left this out - I don't love basil)
12 oz rotelle pasta
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
pepper

Cook chicken on a grill until just cooked through.  Let rest 5 minutes before cutting into strips.  (I just used my fake george foreman, but I'm sure it would be yummier out on a grill).

Start cooking your pasta...

In large frying pan, head olive oil over meadium heat.  Add onions and mushrooms and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.  Stir in white beans, garlic, basil, and grilled chicken strips.  Keep warm.

Toss pasta with chicken mixture.

Use pepper and cheese to top.

Dash Diet Servings:
Grains 2
Vegetables 2
Meats 2
Nuts, seeds, beans 1
Fats and oils 1

3 comments:

Carrie said...

How did you like this one? It sounds kind of boring flavor-wise. Is that the case? I have some rotini I need to use somehow. Too bad I don't have mushrooms on hand...

Rebecca Brady said...

it is a little bland. but that's because it's low sodium! i'm trying to keep mike alive. anyway, i really like the chewy texture, though. and mike is all about texture too. the mushrooms and beans are an interesting flavor, though... i don't know if you'd like it. um use your rotini for spaghetti! do you always follow the type of pasta in recipes? i almost never do... am i supposed to?

Donna said...

Oh, I will definitely have to try this one! I have this huge basil bush in my garden... he he he... which anyone can get some when you are here... becca, you ought to try it fresh, or have you already? After I trim my bush my hands smell like basil all the rest of the day and I just love it. ha ha