RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:

Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings

From online...
Serves 4-6
**I had to use my 3 1/2 quart crock pot and it was just about right - anymore stuff and it would have overflowed...

2 cups cooked chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of chicken
2 soup cans of water
2 tsp chicken bouillon
4 tsp flour
1/2 tsp pepper
carrots, peas, celery or any other veggies you like (i used frozen peas and raw carrots and it worked great)
8 biscuits (refrigerated or from scratch)

Cut biscuits into quarters and mix all ingredients together (slowly mixing the biscuits in last).
Cook low 4 - 6 hours
**I like my dumplings a little smaller than this... so i rip off tiny pieces... and I may not use this many biscuits in the future either...

http://family.go.com/food/recipe-cp-630075--like-grandma-s-chicken--n--dumplings-t/

4 comments:

Carrie said...

ok, so i used pillsbury grands biscuits which are huge. so i only used 4 and cut them into 10-12 pieces each. they were perfect! i almost wanted more, but they made one layer across the top so i think it was probably right. we weren't fans of big bites of the canned chicken so i think next time i will shred it really good as i take it out of the jar so it kind of just spreads throughout. i know the kids eat more that way. lastly, i used fresh carrots and frozen peas as well, but i'm not a fan of soggy peas, so i put them in 10 minutes before we ate and they were perfect!

Rebecca Brady said...

yay! i'm so glad you liked it. yeah, i probably tore up the chicken a little more... but i usually do that for everything, so i didn't think about it. and good job on the peas. i guess i'm not picky, but i'll have to try doing that. woo hoo.

Donna said...

That does sound great! What a good one for your 3-months supply. You can do your biscuits from scratch in that case and canned veggies. I might just try this one myself.

Donna said...

I found the BEST recipe for dumplings and easier to make than biscuits when I was hunting for chicken n dumplin recipes for dad to use in the dutch oven! It uses self rising flour (which is also made from scratch ) plus mayo and milk... that's ALL and they are SO yummy!! I will send Becca the recipe so she can put it with the bread recipes