Ingredients
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions
Carrie's notes:
I did about half the chocolate chips (like when we do chocolate chip cookies) and thought it was perfect.
Walnuts are barely optional, almost necessary.
I did large cookies and cooked them 10 min, so regular size will probably be perfect at 8 min.
I used real butter and am curious to know how they turn out with margarine...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat butter, shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Carrie's notes:
I did about half the chocolate chips (like when we do chocolate chip cookies) and thought it was perfect.
Walnuts are barely optional, almost necessary.
I did large cookies and cooked them 10 min, so regular size will probably be perfect at 8 min.
I used real butter and am curious to know how they turn out with margarine...
No comments:
Post a Comment