RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:

Biscuits & Gravy


You can use this gravy recipe over any of your favorite biscuits: refrigerator, homemade, or bisquick.

Sausage Gravy

12 oz. pork sausage roll
1/4 c. chopped onion
1/2 tsp. garlic powder (or 2 cloves minced garlic)
1 tsp. dried parsley
salt & pepper to taste
red pepper flakes (If desired. Omit if using spicy sausage.)
4 Tb flour
2 c. milk - more if needed

Cook sausage, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes in a skillet over medium-medium/high heat. When sausage is browned, and cooked through, add flour and stir. Once flour is mixed in, slowly add milk and parsley. Cook until milk thickens. Serve over open-faced biscuits.

Serves 4

(notes: This is really yummy with spicy style sausage. Also, you will get better flavor and less gristle with a better quality sausage, although the cheap stuff isn't too bad. I buy 16 oz rolls and then increase the recipe by 1/3 which ends up serving 5-6 people. I always keep a roll of sausage in the freezer so I can make this whenever I want. Its actually really fast! I get the biscuits in the oven almost before I even start the gravy. Its a favorite weekend breakfast around here!)

3 comments:

Donna said...

Biscuits and gravy for support tonight! Thanks Carrie and Becca ;)

Rebecca Brady said...

ME TOO!!!!!!! Haha.

Rebecca Brady said...

Quick recipe for Becca to look at:

Cook over medium/high heat:
1 lb sausage
1 tsp minced garlic ++
onion powder
salt
pepper
red pepper flakes

When brown, add
5 1/3 Tb flour

Slowly add:
2 2/3 cup milk
1 tsp parsley ++