8 C oats - not instant
1 1/2 C brown sugar
8 oz. almonds
8 oz. cashews
8 oz. coconut
3 oz. sunfower seeds
1 1/2 C wheat germ or flaxseed
Mix dry ingredients together and set aside.
1/2 C water
1/2 C oil
1/2 C honey
1/2 C peanut butter
2 t vanilla
Heat water, oil, honey and PB until it begins to boil. Add vanilla and pour over dry ingredients. Mix well and spread over 2 cookie sheets. Bake at 200 for about 2 hours. Stir occasionally. Add 1 C raisins when cool. Put half batch in the freezer for later.
(notes from Devry Hall: I actually half this recipe because I don't like it when it's been in the freezer. It's too dry. I'm sure when you add raisins at the end you can add dates and anything else you want. I keep it in a jar on my counter and my kids love to have a handful for a snack. And I don't add cashews or wheat germ just cause I've never bought that before. My friend does flaxseed instead because they have it at Costco.)
(notes from Carrie: I haven't tried this yet, but I'm so excited to! I will post my favorite combinations in the comments when I do.)
(notes from Devry Hall: I actually half this recipe because I don't like it when it's been in the freezer. It's too dry. I'm sure when you add raisins at the end you can add dates and anything else you want. I keep it in a jar on my counter and my kids love to have a handful for a snack. And I don't add cashews or wheat germ just cause I've never bought that before. My friend does flaxseed instead because they have it at Costco.)
(notes from Carrie: I haven't tried this yet, but I'm so excited to! I will post my favorite combinations in the comments when I do.)
1 comment:
Thanks for the recipe, Carrie! I finally made this the other day... It has great flavor and some clusters. I'm still trying to find a recipe (or a way to bake it) to get lots of clusters. But, I really do like the taste of this recipe. Yum :)
Post a Comment