When I make it, I do it 2 cups water to 1 cup wheat and cook it for 15 minutes... it's not as mushy this way, which is what I like. If you like mushy you do the amounts of water you have listed and I'm not sure of the time.
I can't believe she sabotaged my comments! LOL! The cracked wheat/rice cereal I use 1 cup of the grain to 4 cups water and for the 15 minutes.... but I think it is more liquidy... wet that is... so I don't think you can do it wrong no matter how much liquid you add... the important thing is to bring to boil and cook on low for the 15 min.
These are ingredients that I often have leftovers of and need a quick way to look up more recipes that use said ingredients. I can't get a search engine to work on my blog, so this is the best I can do...
4 comments:
When I make it, I do it 2 cups water to 1 cup wheat and cook it for 15 minutes... it's not as mushy this way, which is what I like. If you like mushy you do the amounts of water you have listed and I'm not sure of the time.
By the way, I'm on Mom's computer, that was Vikki's comment, not "Donna" :)
I can't believe she sabotaged my comments! LOL!
The cracked wheat/rice cereal I use 1 cup of the grain to 4 cups water and for the 15 minutes.... but I think it is more liquidy... wet that is... so I don't think you can do it wrong no matter how much liquid you add... the important thing is to bring to boil and cook on low for the 15 min.
Kristi does 1 cup of wheat to 3 cups of water and 1/2 tsp salt and boil for 20 minutes
Post a Comment