RECENT RECIPE ADDITIONS:

Beef Stew - Slow Cooker

I wanted a very simple beef stew recipe using fresh ingredients (not canned) for a crock pot.  This is what I did, loosely based off this recipe. 

2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon-ish onion powder
1 1/2 cups beef broth
6 small red potatoes, largely diced
1 1/2 lbs carrots, large slices

Directions:
Place meat in slow cooker. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. 

Stir in the garlic, paprika, onion, and broth.  Cover, and cook on High setting for 1 hour and then Low for 7 hours (add carrots and potatoes for last 5 hours).

This served 5 people.

1 comment:

Rebecca Brady said...

Okay, so I've been loving making this (it's going to get hot, so I probably won't for awhile). I just wanted to write down what worked for our little family.

1 lb stew meat
7 carrots
5 red potatoes
everything else the same