Link to Recipe
Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups of grilled chicken breast cut into small pieces (leftover rotisserie works great!)
- 1 cup of diced red apple (or any variety)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup of grapes sliced in half
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (juice of one small lemon)
- salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
In a medium sized bowl add diced apple, and one tablespoon of lemon juice. Stir lemon juice into apples coating them well. This will help keep the apples from turning brown. Add chicken, sliced grapes, diced celery, and pecans. Mix well until everything is mixed through. Add 1/2 cup mayonnaise, if the mixture is too dry you can add another 1/4 cup of mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper to taste. Allow flavors to marry in a covered bowl in the refrigerator for about 1 hour before serving.Carrie's notes:
I do not use grapes. The apples are the perfect texture and sweetness without the grapes. I do not usually let sit for 1 hour the first time, but I always make enough for leftovers and it holds up amazingly!! (Maybe partly because I don't have the squishy grapes in it.) My favorite way to serve is on a raw (but cooked) tortilla as a wrap!!
2 comments:
Do you girls remember if we put cranraisins in this or am I thinking of another salad for sandwiches?
No cranberries
Post a Comment